XR700 install

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: XR700 install
From: toad@nlights.net
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 15:41:14 -0500
Greetings All!

First, this is Will, please note my new email address.

Now onto the good stuff.  Ok, I've finally installed my new ignition,
wires, plugs, cap, rotor, coil and the 76 spitfire...ta-da...started.
There's still some fine tuning to do, as I played around with the
distributor while troubleshooting, but she runs.

*After* installing the ignition system, I did what all good backyard
mechanics do, and read the instructions. I noticed that the instructions
show an o-ring, washer and retainer clip above the new shutter on the
distributor drive. Now, whoever installed the previous ignition system
left those pieces out.  Fearing a worst case scenario, I want to replace
those items so that my shutter doesn't creep up into the optical sensor.

Yep, I know that I can get those things down at my local hardware store,
but I was hoping that someone might be able to fill me in on the
specifics of the 0-ring and washer.  Should the (I am assuming rubber)
o-ring fit tight or loose on the dizzy-drive? How about the washer...is
it steel or some sort of fiber, should it fit loosely or snugly? Anyone
have the specs?

Thanks everyone.

Will

PS. Joe Curry, are you receiving my messages? Until yesterday, there
were a few people having trouble getting messages through to me...
Delivered from Northern Lights BBS, Everett, WA.