Plug gap with Lucas Sport Coil?

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Plug gap with Lucas Sport Coil?
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 98 16:28:53 -24000
I just got a Lucas Sport Coil for my Spitfire. I have an engine from a '79
(low compression) and a Lumenition ignition system.  I'll be bypassing the
ballast resistor per the info at the website, but I need to get a starting
point for plug gap.

Could someone with a similar engine and coil setup tell me what they ended up
with for spark plug gap?  Did you change to a different plug?

While I'm at it, I haven't been able to get less than 5psi from my mechanical
pump no matter what I did to it.  Could someone with an electric pump that
puts out the proper 1-3psi pressure (I have dual SU's) tell me what brand of
pump they used?  =

thanks,

Sean Johnson
'75 Spit, '79 engine