RE: TR-3A Master Cylinders

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR-3A Master Cylinders
From: "Brent Smith" <bsmith@inetnow.net>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 19:26:20 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <tbegley@lucent.com>
>Does anybody know when Standard started installing twin master
>cylinders in the TR line? I have a '61 TR-3A with twin cylinders (a la
>TR-4)

Per Bill Piggott's "Original Triumph TR,"  the old twin bore master cylinder
block was done away with at TS 13046 when they adapted Girling disk brakes
(shortly after the TR3 came out).  My 1960 TR3A TS76145 has the twin master
cylinders with separate reservoir--as does all other TR3A's and B's that
I've seen.  The TR4 had twin master cylinders as well, but they had integral
reservoirs.

Brent Smith
Atlanta, GA

1960 TR3A