TR6 Smog Pump Replacement

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Smog Pump Replacement
From: JDCampa <JDCampa@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 13:54:03 EDT
The DPO removed the smog pump on my 76 TR6 and I need one for a smog check.
I'll be making the rounds of the salvage yards this weekend looking for Mazda
seat belts.  Does anyone know of a good generic replacement smog pump from
another make of automobile.
What exactly does the smog pump do?  What problems might I have if I find a
good bracket fit?  Are smog pumps rated somehow for airflow, etc.?
Thanks for the replies on my initial question re: CA emissions. requirements

Joe 76 TR6
Santa Monica, CA