Speedometers

To: fogbros@nb.net
Subject: Speedometers
From: "Edward R. Purcell" <epurcel@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 09:49:21 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ed,

I am no expert on the subject as I am just now starting on the problem.
The speedo drive comes from the output shaft of the transmission and I
am assuming that the OD unit changes the shaft speed between there and
the diff.  Anything (OD, diff ratio, tire rolling diameter) that changes
after the drive output will affect accuracy.  Since I do not have OD I
am not absolutely certain it is after the drive.  Hopefully someone more
knowledgeable than myself will help us both out.

Regards,  Ed