3A Calipers

To: TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 3A Calipers
From: MICHAEL FRANCIS KUTKA <cpecod@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 13:41:03 -0400 (EDT)
Hi All,
I need some advice regarding caliper repair on the '59 3A.
This was a job which I was dreading....they have been in a box for at
least 24 years and looked a bit rusty.....Needless to say I broke one
bleeder on RH and one antirattle clip bolt on LH. Now comes the meat of
the matter, can these be rebuilt by an Apple hydraulics-type of outfit
with the rusty pistons still in place? I cannot blow them out or remove
the plugs from either. I would be sending them in their current state. Can
they work with these? Advice appreciated.
Ps. It will be a busy weekend with Carlisle on friday and transporting a
restored chassis/wires with the bare body up from NC to CT saturday night.
If anyone sees a 3A behind a Gold Montero and a red Horizon trailing them
on North I95 give us a wave, we will be tired!!! Cheers, Mike K TR250/3A