Re: Rear Brake Plumbing

To: "Gano, Ken" <kengano@advant.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Brake Plumbing
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 21:02:32 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
OK, Ken,

Let me see if I can put this into words.  Wish I had a digital camera.  If
my description doesn't help, I could draw a sketch and fax it to you if you
have a fax machine.  Alternately, I will see if any of my catalogs have a
clear enough sketch I could send.  Here goes:

Looking back toward the rear from the back end of the long brake pipe
coming from the front of the car...  the compression fitting on that long
pipe (9/16 fitting) connects to a support bracket welded to the car,  and
to the front end of a flexible rubber brake hose.  The back end of the
flexible hose goes to the tee fitting, which is attached to another support
bracket welded to the axle.  From the two ends of the tee fitting are two
steel brake pipes that go the rear wheel brake cylinders, connected with
compression fittings.  These are 7/16 fittings.  You will need a 9/16 and a
7/16 flare wrench.  The rear brake lines are held to the rear axle with
straps.  If you need them, I could look up TRF or Moss part numbers for
you.  Feel free to ask further questions as necessary.  I am in the process
of replacing all the rubber flexible hoses with new ones from Moss that are
teflon, covered with flexible stainless steel, much more rugged.  There are
2 up front and one in the rear.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3-B