Re: Oil and brake warning lights

To: Nikki MW1 <NikkiMW1@aol.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Oil and brake warning lights
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 21:21:21 GMT
Nikki writes...

>Listers,
>First some background
>Oil and brake warning lights on at all times on 1975 Spitfire.

Ah!  Another victim of the federal brake/oil lamp implementation. :-)

>Most had suggested removing the wire that goes to the PWDA switch.  I did that
>and now the lights don't come on at all.  Is this right?  Please advise as to
>what I should do next.

Can you buy the '80 Spit back?  The circuit was better designed on the
later cars.

Okay...not an option, eh?  Disconnect the white/brown wire at the oil
sender.  If the brake/oil lights go out now you have:

1. A bad sender
2. A mis-wired sender
3. no oil pressure  <opps!>

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley in Southbridge Massachusetts
'74, '77 Spits