Rough Running TR3

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rough Running TR3
From: "Robert Van and Ann Cross" <vancross@visuallink.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 16:24:04 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Advice is needed,
My 3A is running too rich, to the point that it is fouling the sparkplugs.
Last summer I rebuilt the carbs (SU H6)  to take care of a similar problem
happening then.  The car ran fine, chocholate brown plugs, no problems.
Well, It's back.  It seems that the carbs are running too rich.  I've taken
them apart again to check the floats, reset the adjusting nut (Per the
Manual), reset the points and timing, and  still have the problem.  If I
pull the plugs, clean them, and reinstall them, the car runs fine for 10-15
min at idle.  If I then gun it,  it begins to miss.  What am I doing wrong?
Is there any  other way to adjust the carbs?
Thanks in advance...

Bob Van
1960 TR3A