Re: Gas Odor In The Garage - 1966 TR4A

To: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Gas Odor In The Garage - 1966 TR4A
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 23:24:36 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Gernot... What you decscribe is an apple... I had described an
orange.... as what I described is not normal... when the fuel level is
such that a continuous trickle continues long after the car is turned
off.  If there is something wrong with the float levels or the metering
valve... and the result is that the fuel level is higher than the jet...
and you have a full tank of gas... it doesn't matter if the fuel pump is
pumping... the fuel finds it's way.  the two circumstances should not be
confused.

--Justin