Re: Crankcase pressure

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Crankcase pressure
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 17:31:54 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe,

I recently measured the pressure in my valve cover, with and without the
breather hose connected to the carbon cannister (used to be connected to
SU's; can't connect it to Webers). The pressure was negligeable with an
open-ended, 1-metre, 1/2" ID hose on the valve cover outlet; it got no
higher than about 30 mmHg, connected to the cannister. I opted to leave it
disconnected, anyway.

The point I'm trying to make is - you should have negligeable pressure drop
over your breather. Are you sure it isn't plugged?

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia