GT6 crankshaft queries

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 crankshaft queries
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 00:21:42 -0500
Terrick here with one for all the backyard "mechanics" out  there.

Since I've quietened my exhaust down I have noticed a rumble below 1300 rpm
or so.  Since this is my parts car motor - never been closely inspec ted -0
I fear for the main bearings.  However, cold pressure is 75 psi idle,  warm
is 40.  2000 rpm pressure is 55 in city, 45 after highway.  Idle warm (800
rpm) is 40 city, 25 after hwy.

Since it is such a bitch to swap bearings on the Gt (remove motor to remove
pan) I dont want to guess.  Anybody else out there have similar experience
that may point me away from or toward a replacement?

Dave Terrick
69 GT6+
Winnipeg