TORQUE SPECS?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TORQUE SPECS?
From: HMENTZEN <HMENTZEN@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 17:33:56 EDT
I've been driving my 79 Spitfire for about two weeks since installing a
rebuilt tranny and new clutch. I've also developed a new oil leak.  It is
coming out the bottom of the bellhousing. I did put in a new oil seal and a
new gasket between the tranny and bellhousing. I was sent a paper thin gasket
and I'm concerned that it might be  responsible for my leak. Can anyone tell
me how tight the bolts should be (inside the bellhousing)?  Should I have used
a gasket cement?   All suggestions welcome. TIA
Hans Mentzen
79 Spitfire (It has reverse)