Re: Herald Springs WAS: Interesting packaging materials

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Subject: Re: Herald Springs WAS: Interesting packaging materials
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 10:39:31 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>Hey "spuds"

<Amazing discovery snipped>

>So tell us why you were buying Herald springs, your list of vehicles is
>"Herald - Free".  Different ride height/handling/ just wanted a container
>for your tubers?
************************************
Spuds here,
Amazing discovery revealed.  It was all a clever ploy to get 'tater bags
and not have to pay import taxes/duties plus get around customs!!  The
springs were just a clever diversion.
Darn, I knew this was going to open up a can of worms (but that's another
packing material. . ah. .er. . story).  Actually. . . The V6 (2.8) adds
just enough weight that I have to add a 1/2 spacer under the spring perch.
The old 2.6 V6 (lighter) weighed about to same as the old four so it wasn't
a problem.  with the 1/2 inch spacer I calculate a load of 793 lbs.  Herald
springs at 8.18 fitted (slightly taller than the stock Spitfire 7.8 fitted)
has a load of 790 lbs so it should bring the ride height back without the
spacers.  I was hoping to avoid having custom springs made but my head may
be full of mashed potatoes-we'll see-
Although, now that you mention it, those springs might just fit the front
double A-arm modified suspension on the 'ol supercharged Fergy tractor,
with the Merlin engine, and that field in back 'o the house could be plowed
in no time, Rosanne loves 'taters. . . Hummmm, maybe they were telling me
something. . .
By the way, my tubers are doing just fine I'm taking new medication now and
with the twelve step program I'm almost back to my old self. . .

'42 Supercharged Fergy, race preped-
72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)