Teflon-lined bike cables

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Teflon-lined bike cables
From: wises@execpc.com (Bob and Nancy)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 23:30:11 +0000
James,

        Teflon-lined cables are useful not because there is an inordinate
amount of friction in a bicycle brake or deraileur (sp?) cable but because
people leave their bikes out in the rain.  Water gets inside the cable
housing and they rust up pretty fast.  The teflon prolongs the lifetime of
an abused bike cable.  Also, the real technoweenies (which fuel the vast
majority of the top end bicycle sales) think it is really neat and way
cool.

Bob