Re: Crane XR700 ignition help needed

To: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Subject: Re: Crane XR700 ignition help needed
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 05:06:53 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave Terrick wrote:

> Hi all,  Dave Terrick here.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to how (or if) the Crane unit can be
> fixed or is it pertronix or points time?

The unit is probably fried. Talked to a guy last summer who had
installed the ribbon harness end of his pointing up, pressure-washed the
engine compartment and never got out of the stall. When I installed
mine, I remembered what he'd said, and forced a fair amount of silicone
sealant in and around the exit point for the harness and mounted it in
such a way that it would not fill with water. Ah, well. Condolences to
your friend for his late lamented Crane unit.

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....