Re: TR6 seatbelts

To: Robert Laing <roblaing@unixg.ubc.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 seatbelts
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 19:05:19 -0400
At 6:21 PM -0400 4/17/98, Robert Laing wrote:
>Would you recommend purchasing new seatbelts that are the inertia type for
>my TR6. The seatbelt that are in the car now don't seem to work, so I
>can't decide if I should purchase new belts of the same design, or should
>I be safe and purchase belts from a different car and just install them in
>my TR6.  Any suggestions??  Any one have seatbelts they want to sell?
>
>Thanks for the advice!
>
>Robert Laing
>1976 TR6 (63,500miles)
>CF54962U
>Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Robert: I got a set out of a first series MAZDA(!) RX7. Bolted right up,
only had to remove a locating pin from the back of the retractor. Heck, the
nice cad plated bolts from the Mazda even fit the TR's threads! It wasn't
to hard to located a never been used set at the boneyard, seeing how most
people have no clue how to use them! Only cost $25 for the pair. Also, the
rear set out of a current Jeep Wrangler looks like a possibilty. Lots of
those that have been rolled over in the salvage yards!