Re: MMMM (mild-mannered Mr. Mace)

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MMMM (mild-mannered Mr. Mace)
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 10:46:16 -0400 ()
OK, I started it with:

Tom O'Malley's query:

Great film starring Henry Fonda, right?

Joe Curry's brief reSPITe:
>>> I've heard (but can't actually verify) that you have never been
>>> attacked until you've been Maced!!!!

Gee, never heard THAT one before (except all through the 1960s and ever
since...) ;-)

Larry Hooven, on probation for his gearbox removal suggestions, asked:
>> after cowering for over a week, i can verify this fact.........can i
>> come out of my corner now?????

Yes. See Warden Curry; he'll give you $5.00 and a new suit.

Finally, Gregory "duck and cover" P. offers the pentultimate quip:
> You call that an attack?!? That was more like "a grazing Mace"

Greg unfortunately has had to leave the list, as he'll be taking the
corner previously occupied by a Mr. L. Hooven.

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *

Wait, I know that hymn, Greg. A bagpipe favorite (in itself perhaps an
oxymoron), right? Let's see..."A Grazing Mace, how sweet the sound that
saved a wrench like me? I once was lost, but now I'm found; was blind and
drove an MG...."