Re: Flooding

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
Subject: Re: Flooding
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 08:28:30 +0000
Cc: jantoms@vbe.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
jonmac@ndirect.co.uk wrote:
> Incidentally, Royal Shakespeare Theatre at Stratford UNDER Avon did some
> good forward planning. Old Bill Shakkers work called the Merchant of Venice
> is running at the moment - or would be, if the audience could get through
> the floods to look at a floating stage.

Incedently my Sister went to see that last night, the 7 o'clock
preformance.  When she was in the car park, she noted the 3 foot water
tide mark on the wall.

Incedently did you see on the news the stupd chap who tryed to cross a
ford when it was flooded.  He was in one of the 4wd landrover would
be's, the ones with the extra low air intake.  Sucked up some river
water, and gave new meaning to a flooded engin,  I think it was about 5
foot of water he was in.  The pressure poped the back window so he could
get out, by the time the cameras where there all you saw of the car was
the roof rack.  At the time my thoughts were car + ford + flood + 4 foot
of water + driver who thinks car is 4wd off road vehical = d'oh.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot