Re: Insurance

To: smith007@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:22:34 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

WRT to the high insurance rate for a 5.0 Mustang...

I'm not surprised. 5.0's can have some really heavy insurance costs. FWIW,
my stepfather bought an '89 5.0 convertible. The insurance was around $2000
a year. This is for a 65 year old guy!

He moved to NH to save the insurance costs that we have closer to Boston, MA.

Just to add a data point to the conversation, if you are considering buying
_any_ car, you should get insurance quotes before you sign on the dotted
line. There's a lot of "pony cars" out there that the owners can't afford
to insure and maintain because the costs can be so outrageous.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang                | Voice: 617-253-7438      | This space
Consultant              | FAX:   617-258-9535      | for rent
MIT Information Systems | email: lang@isis.mit.edu |