CHARGE!!a>

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: CHARGE!!a>
From: Tom Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 21:38:10 -0700
A >
>One bad part of this system is that if your bulb burns out, the generator
>is pretty much dead. (bunch of copper... etc).  It may start charging
>anyway if there's enough speed in the works to start charging internally,
>but I doubt it.  It's not something I usually experiment with :-)

==

Generally there is enough residual magnatisum to kick off the charging
cycle.  The alternator does not require this as it can use the battery
voltage/current to energize the rotating field.  The lamp circuit is
generally separate from this current path.

Thomas Howard
'72 GT6, (and a good bit of USA Iron)
Lakeside Union School District