Re: Braided steel brake lines

To: jmwagner@greenheart.com
Subject: Re: Braided steel brake lines
From: Jody007 <Jody007@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 08:41:33 EDT
Cc: TRBILBO@aol.com, AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com, spitlist@gte.net (Joe Curry), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<<

 Craig Smith wrote:

 > Joe, and others,
 > Has anyone replaced the rubber radiator hoses with SS braided lines ?
 > I see the upside of such a replacement but how do you attach them to the
 > pump and radiator ? >>

   Stainless steel on hoses serves  two purposes, to protect the rubber hose
inside them and to prevent expansion. As far as far as radiators go a bit of
expansion is a good OK. The hot rodders use a lot of SS hose wrap, that is,
it's a sleeve that the normal rubber hose slides into and give the appearance
of SS hoses. This may be what some people are actually seeing and assuming to
be custom made.
  Justin, out in sunny-floody Calif. should be able to fine the sleeve stuff
at any big parts house.