Re: Theory and Practice of Cylinder Head Modification

To: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Theory and Practice of Cylinder Head Modification
From: "Craig & Karen Bentley" <mmbent@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 11:24:17 -0500
Hey Lee, you might want to check out David Vizards "How to Build Horsepower
Vol.. 1". While it deals mainly with Mercian fire breathing V8 stuff a lot
of the theory and practice is covered. My copy was copyrighted 1990 and is
probably available at any good bookstore. Another source that someone on the
list mentioned a while back was Standard Abrasives web page. They have a
pretty good write up  for "do it yourself head porting" They can be found at
http://www.sa-motorsports.com/diyport.htm  One word of caution, don't go
crazy porting your head unless you have access to a flow bench. Porting your
head is a bit of a "black art" and it is very easy to reduce the power your
engine can make by "over porting"  Good luck regards Craig Bentley