Re: wiring oddity

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: wiring oddity
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 23:49:17 -0800
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Peter,
What is happening here is you have provided a path around the battery
cutoff.  The path is a smaller wire and that accounts for why the lights
are dimmer. I would say here that I think if you operate the systems
very long in this condition, you will likely fry that small ground wire.

There is no real good way to do what you desire unless you hook the
cutoff up to the positive lead.  You can cut out the major path to the
starter and ignition and still have a small wire going to the clock and
radio preset circuit connected directly to the positive battery
terminal.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--