Re: Deposit on car - non lbc

To: "Shane F. Ingate" <ingate@shiseis.com>, <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Subject: Re: Deposit on car - non lbc
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 22:32:21 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
With a few BIG exceptions (namely contracts involving real estate, contracts
over a certain $ amount [$500 in Illinois] and contracts calling for
performance over a certain period of time [1 year in Illinois]) oral
contracts are just as binding as written.  The practical problem arises when
the time comes to "prove" the contract.  The usual situation is that one
party will swear (under oath) that one thing was said while the other party
will swear (under oath - ain't truth a wonderful thing) just the opposite.
The ultimate question is almost always, who's telling the truth.  Paper is
cheap.  An oral contract isn't worth the head aches, or the paper they
written on.

kengano@advant.com
downstate illinois
1959 TR3A TS57756L
1958 Model 10 Sedan TBE9239LDLB
practicing a little law, but one when I must.