RE: TR3 Factory Hardtops

To: "'Lenny Seidman'" <lseidman@erols.com>
Subject: RE: TR3 Factory Hardtops
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:11:15 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

        [Musson]   I just picked one up for $250 including shipping
> 2- How do they attach to the car?
        [Musson]  There are brackets across the top at the front that
mount on corresponding pieces on the windshield frame.  Similar
arrangement across the tonneau rail.
> 3- Is the hardware that attaches the hardtop to the car available?
        [Musson]  TRF sells a complete kit.  If you hurry you can get it
at the sale price.  (It is backordered so won't ship or charge until
later).
> 4- Are the rear plexiglass window and seal available?
        [Musson]  I know the seal is available; not sure about the
plexi; there are also other seals, etc around the sidescreen opening; at
the tonneau rail, etc.
> 5- What is the noise level inside the TR3 when driving down the road
> equipped with one of these hardtops?
        [Musson]  Don't know yet;  someone advised gettting a good
headliner put in to help with the noise and heat transference.
> 6- Is it really a desirable option?
        [Musson]  I figure it doesn't hurt.  especially here in the
summer (Florida) when the sun can be brutal...

> Thanks in advance for your help,
        [Musson]  No problem.  Hope it helps.

        Carl