reversing light

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: reversing light
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 12:31:36 -0800 (PST)
My TR4 doesn't have a backup light.  The DPO(s) had a big red switch on
the dash that probably operated one, but I removed that when I veneered
the dash and covered over the hole.  The switch was wired up to the trunk
area, but there wasn't any light bulbs.

How does the reverse light work on a TR6 or TR250/5?  I think it would
have the same tranny as my '4-- so maybe I already have a switch on the
tranny itself- if so, I'll use that.

Otherwise I intend to use a relay, actuated by a microswitch that gets
pressed when the shifter is moved into the reverse gate.

Thanks,
-Malcolm