Re: GT6+ cooling

To: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Subject: Re: GT6+ cooling
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 16:50:44 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Sam Gentry wrote:

> All this is excellent advice, but I must comment on one item.  I owned a
> 1968 GT6 NEW and it overheated on hot days from the first summer.  The
> local Triumph dealer (yes, I have visited a real Triumph Dealer) could do
> nothing to improve the cooling and said that everyone they sold had the
> same problem.
>
> Sam

Sam,
I think (as somebody already sumed up) that the reason is because by
pushing the radiator forward in order to cram in the 6, Triumph found
themselves limited in the size of radiator that could be used.  They did
the best they could and thickened the core, but it obviously was not
enough.  Seems like a pusher fan mounted on the front would do wonders
for assisting in the GT6 cooling.

BTW, how's the database coming?  Did you get the data I sent?

Joe Curry
--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer