Re: TR6 still mising

To: bollen@ibm.net
Subject: Re: TR6 still mising
From: ArthurK101 <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 14:46:57 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

>  Tonight I put my old plug wires back on,new
>  plugs,checked points gap,timing,dwell- SOB still does it. Sports coil,
>  new cap and rotor arm were on there before the rebuild and car was fine
>  then.

Stu, I saw e-mail to you about the fuel system.  I agree but it assumes (and
Tom S. said so) that the electrical system is OK.  So just in case:

IF you haven't already done so:

1) check the wires and connections under the distributor cap, and change the
condenser (capacitor).  I had a similar problem on the TR4 and it was an
intermittant short in the small wire under the cap.  There is a plastic
insulator there and it had split and was shorting out.  Was not obvious at all
until much poking around.

2) Rotor.  After I found the problem in the wires, I found that the old rotor
(which looked new) was bad also.

Good luck.  Let us know what you find.  Cheers.

Art Kelly