Re: push pull-was electric fan

To: stu.jo@ibm.net
Subject: Re: push pull-was electric fan
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 08:28:12 -0800
Cc: Thomas Carney <panacea19@hotmail.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
According to my reference material, the Pheil, powered by 2 Daimler-Benz
DB603E-1 12 cylinder liquid cooled engines, had a maximum speed of 474
mph at 21,330 feet. It has a service ceiling of 37,400 feet.  It took
14.5 minutes to climb to 26,250 ft.  Each engine put out 1800hp at
takeoff and 1900 at 5910 ft.  Althoiugh it was some 60mph faster than
the P38J, its climb rate was something like half that of the Lightning.

Joe Curry  (Is there a WW2 Planes Mail List?)

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer