Starter problems on 1980 Spitfire

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Starter problems on 1980 Spitfire
From: Nikki MW1 <NikkiMW1@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 22:50:39 EST
Listers,
Yesterday I had to take my car for her emissions test.  She passed with flying
colors!!!!!!  The guy doing the test said that she was the cleanest running
car that he had seen in a long time.  Imagine that!  But when I got her home
and tried to start her up after sitting for about an hour all that would
happen is that the starter would spin.  I tried rocking the car with the
clutch in thinking that the flywheel might be missing teeth but to no avail.
She has done this before but after a couple of trys she would always kick and
start.  I'm not sure what to try so I'm looking to the wisdom of the list for
help.
I was looking forward to driving her to my club meeting in about a week and a
half.  I don't know if it will be possible
TIA
Nikki