Re: All Burned Up - Warning?

To: wassallj@philly.infi.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: All Burned Up - Warning?
From: Peter.Hore@dhs.vic.gov.au
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 98 16:56:55 +1100
Warning Warning Warning???

About 4 years ago at a car club meeting we were warned about a particular
acid that is given off when some types of modern automotive plastic are
burned, in for instance, a car fire.

It seems that when this acid starts to eat into your fingers/hand/whatever,
it cannot be stopped except by amputation. There was a fancy name for the
acid which I cant remember.

We were told to be very very careful around modern burned up cars
especially if your getting parts from them, and never let kids play in them
etc.

Does anyone know if this is true or just bulls**t?

Peter H

73/74 TR6 Cf13471U