re:Original TR6 Performance Figures

To: "triumph.mail" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re:Original TR6 Performance Figures
From: "Adrian Tedder" <teddera@MNSi.Net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:49:59 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
  Jeff
         I have a copy of the Brooklands Gold Portfolio book for the TR6.
The closest specs I can see for a 73 appear to be in a reprinted article for
a 72.  The compression ratio is the same (7.75:1) so the figures should be
close. Final drive ratio is 3.70:1.  Performance figures are as follows:
Zero to              Seconds
   30 mph             3.3
   40 mph             4.8
   50 mph             6.7
   60 mph             9.3
   70 mph           12.8
   80 mph           18.5
   90 mph           28.8
Standing 1/4 mile   17.3 sec @ 78.6 mph
Top speed             107 mph

   These sound a little quick, but.....
Figures for a later car with 7.5:1 compression ratio are considerably slower
(reprint of motor trend article with what appears to be a 74) In this
article 0-60 is specified as 14.49 secs and 1/4 mile is 19.3 @ 73.40
mph.  I also have a 73 but have not yet achieved a state of fine tuning that
I have cared to time 0-60.  I would think 14.49 secs might currently be
optomistic, but maybe this spring......
   Hope this is of some use.

Adrian
73 TR6