Re: LBC's Vs. Miatas

To: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Re: LBC's Vs. Miatas
From: stu.jo@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 11:54:29 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Sumner Weisman wrote:

> I have been following this discussion with interest.  Although I presently
> own 2 modern very reliable Japanese cars, I have always felt that I would
> never buy a Miata, even though it's good looking and certainly more
> reliable than an antique LBC.  Why?  I guess it's just the fact they tried
> to emulate a British sports car.  I feel that it's perfectly OK for others
> to buy one but not "purists" like us who are fortunate enough and gutsy
> enough to actually restore the real thing.  What really got me was when, a
> few years ago, they had the gall to introduce one in "British" Racing
> Green!   It's a fine car, but not for me.  Am I the only one who feels this
> way?
>
> Sumner Weisman, Framingham, Mass.
>
> 62 TR3-B (now)  58 Anglia and 70 MGB-GT in the past
I  believe this thread is nonsensical because we are talking apples and
oranges.I love my Triumphs as a hobby and a delight to drive on a sunny
day with the top down.A guy who works for me drives 65 miles each way to
weork every day in his Miata. At 120,000 miles it still looks and runs
like new. It needs an oil change every 6000 miles, gets 32 MPG.
If my 34" inseam legs would fit in one, I would get one for commuting in
an instant.
Stu