Re: SB 42

To: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Subject: Re: SB 42
From: Tom Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:21:39 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 01:38 PM 3/20/98 -0800, you wrote:

>As I understand the situation you're only out of luck temporarily. Isn't
>there a provision in the law that begins to incorporate all cars over 25
>years old into the program at some specified time in the future?

Works just the other way around.

It does apply to all cars 1973 model year and older.  But, next year it
will still be 1973 and older, making it apply to 26 year old cars. (and older)

In 2003 the exempt years will move up year, by year.  Meaning that then
1974 cars will be exempt and then in 2004, 1975 cars.   In other words cars
over 30 years old will be exempt.

This a long time in the furture by legal standars.  That is the way SB42
reads now, but may change between now and 2003.

Good luck.

Thomas Howard
'72 GT6, (and a good bit of USA Iron)
Lakeside Union School District