My 78 Spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: My 78 Spitfire
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 21:52:15 -0500
Hi Triumphant Ones!

I just picked up my 78 Spitfire and now all is right with the world.
I've finally got another Spitfire. Sold my 71 MG Midget to a lady from
NY. It leaves by transporter tomorrow. The 78 is BRG with a biscuit
interior. The body is fairly sound. Some rust on the rockers and a place
on the right front fender lip. Looks like a common thing considering the
design. I'll be asking questions from time to time and hope I don't ask
too many that were answered a week or two ago. Bear with me.

Bought the car from a chiropractor who didn't have time to finish it. He
had the engine done and it runs really nice. Suspension seems to be in
decent shape. Nice aluminum mags on it. Kind of a spoke style. I'll have
to take one off and see what brand it is. No rear end squat. I'm curious
to see why is sits up nice. The interior is in need of lots of
attention. Cheap carpet set, poorly installed. Seats and panels need
redoing. I know this is a little long and I'm rambling a bit but this 53
year old has always love those Spits and I'm excited about owning
another one. Now I can wear my Spitfire shirt I bought last year and not
have to explain why I don't have one.

- Tom Shirley                                           -
- Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)            -
- 72 Datsun 510 #18 (the race car)  76 Triumph Spitfire -
- http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080      -