Re: Book, Triumph Buyers Guide

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Book, Triumph Buyers Guide
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:08:58 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Joe,

> I think that the author didn't check his facts very well, or else
> was going entirely on personal feelings rather than be bothered by
> facts.  I need to check the data, but I'm sure I have more than 4
> Mk1's listed in England.  I am also quite well aware that there are
> far more than 50 in the U.S.of A.

> I am amazed how some people's bias's taint their better judgment.
> Did the author actually believe people could not or would not check
> those details out?

My feeling is he just flat doesn't care about the spitfire and feels
its not really a Triumph.  To him its just something the the Triumph
logo that needed to be listed to make a complete book.

An interested thing Fred Thomas mentioned to me was he felt they
would be almost as valuable as the TR3's some day.  That could be
pushing it but its nice to know that some people appreciate these
cars.  And after seeing pictures of Fred's TR3, I value his opinion.

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (After 10 years will be on the road in
March!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Needs Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)