Re: Spitfire Hard Top Parts Availability

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Hard Top Parts Availability
From: "Mark A. Bunce" <bunce@alma.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 11:15:05 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>>The sales girl at Kippings mentioned that there is one
>>person in England that is handling all of the rubber seal
>>remanufacturing.  She said he is quite good at it.  I for one if
>>thrilled that all of these parts are becoming available again.  At
>>least I know the money I've so far invested in my hardtop is not
>>going to go to waste.
>Now if he would just start re-manufacturing the rubber seals for the GT6
>front wing windows, I would be a happy camper!!!  I've been looking for
>these since I restored the car seven years ago - What's left of the
>originals (still in the car) whistle at speed and I have to leave them
>cracked open slightly to prevent that annoying whistle -
>
>Barry Schwartz (San Diego) bschwart@pacbell.net

Barry,
You could try what I did on my Dodge van wing windows. You
light grease the glass in the area of the seal with vaseline.
Then you use black RV sealant to rebuilt the leaking area. Close
the glass lightly on the seal and allow to cure. Trim with a
razor blade. Worked fine.

Mark Bunce
1970 Mk III Spitfire
1976 Spitfire 1500