Spitfire Hard Top Parts Availablity

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Hard Top Parts Availablity
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 08:10:42 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
I just got off the phone with John Kippings Triumph Spares in
Coventry England.  I was able to purchase the "Fuzzy Finisher" for
the Spitfire Mk1-2-3 hard tops, cost around $20 US.  The side glass
to hard top seals are currently being remanufactured in Tawain and
should be available later this year.  The remaining item that is
still missing for these hard tops is the rear window seal.
Apparently this seal will start into the remanufacturing pipeline
late this year or early next year so we might see those sometime in
later 1999.  The sales girl at Kippings mentioned that there is one
person in England that is handling all of the rubber seal
remanufacturing.  She said he is quite good at it.  I for one if
thrilled that all of these parts are becoming available again.  At
least I know the money I've so far invested in my hardtop is not
going to go to waste.

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (After 10 years will be on the road in
March!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Needs Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)