Re: 1971 TR 6 Carbon Cannister location

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 1971 TR 6 Carbon Cannister location
From: TRIPHSTEVE <TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 01:51:37 EST
Hello List-

Once again, I need your help.

I have restored a 1971 TR6 and am battling with the location of the carbon
cannister fitted to the emissions system. When I purchased the car, it had
several modifications, but most of them were cosmetic, not mechanical.
Actually, the car was very original from a mechanical standpoint.

When purchased, the carbon canister for the emissions system was housed in a
mounting bracket that was attached to the frame just above the engine mount on
the passengers' side. Some (concours judges) have said that it was to be
mounted to the radiator support stay. The bracket that came with the car fits
the engine mount, but not the radiator support stay. Several photographs I
took of other early cars appear to indicate that the engine mount is the
correct location. However, the Moss, TRF catalogs (judging by the appearance
of the bracket) and the concours judges seem to indicate otherwise.

Any help from the informed on this list?  Where is the carbon cannister
mounted for a 1971 TR 6?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards-

Steve Thornton