Re: swingin' spring

To: Amy Black <amyjo@tranquility.net>
Subject: Re: swingin' spring
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 21:51:34 -0500 (EST)
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Amy Black wrote:

> I have got a question for anyone who cares to answer:

> What would it take to fit a Mk 4 swing spring to my Mk 3 Spitfire?  Does
> it just bolt right in, or are there some mods required?

In order: not too much, pretty much "yes" and not really.

Basically, you need the swing-spring, complete with its "box". What you
don't need are the two center studs currently on top of the diff -- just
the four "outside" ones. But you'll need to plug those two center holes,
easily done with the two extra studs sawn off flush and perhaps slotted
in case you need to remove them someday.

One other bit you really should have, though, is the fatter front
anti-sway bar and mountings. This, too, bolts right up to the frame and
wishbones without problems.

And that's pretty much it!

--Andy