Sixes and "Optional" Trannies...

To: "Triumph Guys" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sixes and "Optional" Trannies...
From: "Nick" <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 15:19:37 -0800
Fellow Triumphers-

Well, I spent the day scrounging around in the mud and grease of Northern
Cal, lookin at as many 5 speed transmissions as I could. It looks like a
Toyota Corolla trans would be an easy fit, but I am a little skeptical of
the "robustness" of that unit. Anyone have any Toyota experience out there
? (It's ok to reply just to me about this as I understand any reluctance to
"expose" yourself here on the TR list ...)
Second choice will be a little tougher to fit, but will easily handle the
additional torque of the "Famous" six cylinder TR's. Toyota again looks
like the second place winner here as well (one of the few short/small
trannies that have removable bellhousings), with a Celica 5 speed box.

Somebody must have tried this already, or must have some Toyota racin
experience...

So how come my shower knob rotates almost 360 degrees from hot to cold, but
there's no discernable movement between TOO hot and TOO cold...
      Nick in Nor Cal