Gas Tank Repair

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas Tank Repair
From: Stingroy63 <Stingroy63@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 21:28:04 EST
I pulled the gas tank out of my TR6 that I'm restoring and discovered that the
bottom was rusted.  When I scraped off the loose rust a couple of small holes
appeared (1/8" to 1/4").  Is there any practical way to repair this?  I was
thinking of having someone cut out the bad section of tank and weld in a new
one but I realize this would be tough to do.  Assuming I can fix the tank,
what needs to be done in terms of sealing/coating the inside of the tank?  I
would appreciate any advice.

Mark Roy
'74 TR6