Head cross reference table

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Head cross reference table
From: Scott.Mackay@SEMATECH.Org
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 15:44:43 -0600
     After talking to Art, apparently I am not making myself very clear.
     So, I'll try again.

     The issue has been attempting to verify that a TR6 head I received
     went to the block which came with it.  Unfortunatly, the only
     identifing marks on the head are a stamped six digit ID, a six digit
     casting number, and then physical dimensions.  Not knowing the history
     of the part, I don't even know if the dimensions are 'stock' or
     'modified'.  Unfortunatly, I cannot find any cross reference for these
     ID marks/cansting numbers to year, or even model of car.

     Thus, I would like to put together a table that lists the various six
     cylinder heads that were used on Triumphs throughout manufacture as a
     function of year/model.  The list criteria will include:

     commission/engine number,          e.g.,   CC75000UE to CF1
     head part number (TRF),                    520868
     head casting numbers,                      312388
     stamped numbers on the head,               218227
     thickness (stock),                         3.546
     in compression ratio (stock),              7.75:1
     # of valve springs,                        1 ea
     exhaust valve size,                        32 mm
     EGR port,                                  no
     intake port spacing,                       later carb

     I would appreciate your help in filling in the missing information.  I
     would need as much of the above information as possible from original,
     unmodified engines.  Once compiled, I will post here and forward on to
     the keeper for the TRF page for future reference.

     I originally started with TR5/250/6, US and abroad, but will be happy
     to include GT6 and 2.5/2000/2500 salons, and TR2-4, 7-8 if I can get
     the background info.  I have first pass identified the following
     models as seperate entities:

     PI models                          US Carb models
     67-68 '5   <CP3096                 67-68 250  <CD8594
     69-71 '6   <CP75000                69-71 '6   <CC75000
     72 '6      CP75001 - CR1           72 '6      CC75001 - CF1
     73 '6      CR1 - CR5000            73 '6      CF1 - CF12500
     74-75 '6   >CR5000                 74-76 '6   >CF12501

     Again, if this has been done before, please let me know.  Also if the
     information is available somewhere else.

     Thanks for the support.

     Scott Mackay
     Austin, TX