advice needed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: advice needed
From: "W. H. Holcombe" <Holc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 15:19:32 -0600
Hello List
        I have a 1973 TR-6 and am in the process of removing the
steering system to replace the bushings.  I was doing alright until I
got to the upper clamp at the wheel locking unit. I can't seem to figure
out how to get the clamp and locking unit off. Cant get to either. The
Haynes book don't say anything about the locking unit.  I know with all
the experience of the guys on the list, someone knows a trick to getting
to these units.  Any advice will be appericated. Also have the head down
at the shop getting refurbished.  Looks like I will still be trying to
get the steering out long after the head is complete.  Thanks in
advance.
        Bill 73 TR-6