79 spit and dpo hacks

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 79 spit and dpo hacks
From: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 11:37:14 PST
I have run into yet another dilemma, due to my child being injured at
school and no way to get a hold of mother as she is a housecleaning type
person (more on this later) i found myself at home very early in the
day, well since i cant go back to work at my job, i decided to tackle a
few things on the spit (namely putting parts back on that i removed for
redo and such).  when detaching the steering wheel to get the ignition
barrel bracket out so i could put the new one on, i noticed a toggle
switch on the left hand side of the steering column in the dash,
further investigation showed 2 12 ga red wires (the kind you buy at
radioshack) jumbled up and going somewhere (at this point i know not
where)  question is is this a dpo hack of some sort used for what ever
they thought was right, or is there supposed to be a toggle switch there
and if so what is it used for.

on to the house cleaning mentioned earlier, my wife and her partner were
engaged in a game of canasta after getting back to the house, i walked
in with my newly repainted valve cover (yes paint not powder coat) which
had, from sitting in the garage for a few days, picked up some greasy
finger prints, not wanting to put up with the fumes of gunk or other
engine cleaner i asked if they had anything in thier entorage of
cleaning stuff that would remove the greasy finger prints, to which my
wifes partner said, yea go get the bottle of COMET Bathroom cleaner
(that's what it say on da bottle) and it should take the grease right
off.  well it does, infact i tested it on the baked on oil inside the
cover, the stuff that wouldn't come off using an entire can of gunk
engine cleaner, or foamy brite engine cleaner.  spray some on, let it
set for 10 minutes scrub with an old tooth brush and squeaky clean,
this weekend i plan on testing on the engine block itself.  i used a
wire brush and some gunk to get off the 10 years of caked on dirt to
read the engine number and in retrospect, i probably didn't need the
gunk.  i'll try to run as unbiased test as possible between foamy engine
brite gunk and the bathroom cleaner and let you all know.

larry,
1979 spitfire  #FM99248U currently several shades of overspray

50 thousand driveway miles, at least it seems that way from pushing it
around.

NOW ON THE WEB at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311 drop
a line and sign the guest book.