ZS CD150 gas leak -HELP Spring coming soon!

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: ZS CD150 gas leak -HELP Spring coming soon!
From: "Isaac Crow" <Isaac@Avana.Net>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 09:09:25 -0500
I am experiencing a leak from the choke linkage area of my ZS CD150
(inboard carb) on my 70 GT6+ engine.  Does anyone have any ideas why it is
leaking or how to fix it?  This carb was a water choke style that I swapped
throttle and choke linkages on, and it required tapping a blank hole to put
the choke linkage on.  I didn't puncture the casting when tapping.  The
previous proper cd150 that was on the car leaked identically from the choke
linkage, so I don't necessarily attribute the leak to my having swapped the
new carb over to manual choke.  The new carb seems in excellent shape
overall, and has very smooth piston operation.

        It seems to leak after the car has been driven or run at higher rpms,
but
not when you first start it up.  It literally pours a small stream out of
this area.  I have tried putting a gasket behind the linkage, removing the
gasket, lubricating the spring loaded kidney-shaped-orifice plate, etc.  I
even swapped the plate from another ZS. The car idles high, and the carbs
are not yet balanced.  The carb seems to be in great shape otherwise.
 I've got about two weeks to fix this guys, so that the Spit6+ can ride the
first day of spring!  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Isaac Crow
74 Spit6+
Winder, GA

And for you automated email spammers out there,
here are the email addresses of the current board of
the Federal Communications Commission:

Chairman Reed Hundt: rhundt@fcc.gov
Commissioner James Quello: jquello@fcc.gov
Commissioner Susan Ness: sness@fcc.gov