[Fwd: Triumph Acclaim?]

To: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Fwd: Triumph Acclaim?]
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 12:39:52 +0000

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot
--------------9CD1734BAE814AE1B8AE8241

Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 12:39:11 +0000
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
To: The.4.Rodgers@xtra.co.nz
Subject: Re: Triumph Acclaim?

The.4.Rodgers@xtra.co.nz wrote:
> > say it's not a proper triumph because it's not a sports car,
> > what about all the other non sports car triumphs.  Herald,
> > Dolly etc.
>
> The dolly and herald are of excellent sporting stock - look what the
> factory did to them! (vitesse, sprint, and either of these will probably
> eat a modern civic, no probs!).
>
> Cheers, Chris

So on that argument you would say that if you were to design a "Sports
Car"
based on the Acclaim.  Noting that you got FWD and RWD dollys so you
could
turn it into a RWD if you wanted.  You would you or would you not have a
proper Triumph sports car???  We'll assume that they made it really
cool, just
slightly more reliable. :-)

PS. Did anyone read this debated in Heaven or Hell in "Classics".

James