RE: Powder coat

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'fred thomas'" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: RE: Powder coat
From: Kris Kane <motrsprt@micron.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 18:57:23 -0800
I'll second the notion on the durability of this stuff.  I powder coated the
brake calipers on my 1990 300ZX, about 5 1/2 years.  They even did a
clear powder coat on top of the gold I requested, and even today they
glisten.  Not a peel or chip in them yet.  Cost is about the same as painting.
This is why I'm considering doing my 79 Spit frame.  But, then I'll cover it
all up with undercoating, so don't know yet if I'll go through the hassle
of seperating the frame and body.

Kris
79 Spitty