Re: Headlamp switch--78 Spitfire<Chameleon.889022122.r-james@rayjames.ta

To: r-james@tamu.edu
Subject: Re: Headlamp switch--78 Spitfire<Chameleon.889022122.r-james@rayjames.tamu.edu>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 15:00:22 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK

>I need some quick help from someone who remembers
>how to remove the headlamp switch from the
>instrument panel (1977/78 Spitfire).  The switch
>is attached to a rectangular, black plastic (and
>maybe alumninum?) trim component/plinth which is SOMEHOW
>secured in a rectangular hole in the central
>dash panel.  I have removed the dash panel,
>but couldn't discover (last night in the dark)
>the secret handshake needed to remove the
>headlamp switch.

On the back of the switch there should be a plastic bit that fits around the
outside of the switch casing with 2 lugs that stick into the side of the switch
and prevent it falling out the front of the dash,

        #########
        #       #
        #       #
        #       #  - Outline of the plastic bit
        ##     ##
        #       #
        #       #
        #       #
        #########

Hope this makes 'some' sense.

You'll probably need to stick your head under the dash to understand what the
hell I am talking about!!!! :-)

Rich